Monday, January 5, 2009

Love Dreams

I am definitely loving making Valentine's Day cards. Such dreamy romance! This time I went for the Victorian style. As I continue to experiment with collage cards, I have been drawn to those made with printed collage pieces such as the ones on this card. I discovered a wonderful digital source for these images called Digital Collage Sheets. A couple of great aspects about this vendor are that once you pay on line, you receive an email with the PDF file attached - no waiting and no shipping & handling! The images are clean and clear. You can print them out on your home printer set for the highest print quality and they come out great!

This card was so much fun to make but it took me many hours. I have been working on it off and on for four days. All of the edges were distressed with scissors and sponged with Creamy Caramel. Both inside panels were finished with multiple layering and stitching plus the back panel was stamped. The envelope was hand-made and is also very embellished.
Now for the card recipe. After four days and all the different products I used on this card, I hope I can remember them all.
Card Recipe:
Collage image: digitalcollagesheets.com
Stamps: Inside sentiments from Rubbernecker and SU Heaven Scent, bottom panel All Night Media/Anna Griffin, back panel stamps are SU Gentler Times and See It With the Heart
Ink: Versamark, Bravo Burgundy for embossing and the inside pink ink is actually the lavendar petal from the ColorBox Petal Point fluid Chalk
Paper: SU Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla, SU DSP Parisian Summer, and the pink dotted paper is by Melissa Frances
Tools: Cuttlebug and CB Hearts & Stamp
s die, Quickutz Flourish die, Spellbinders Mega Nestabilities Curved Rectangles die, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, heart charm from Jewelry Essentials, button is from LaMode Vintage collection, pearl from SU Pretties Kit, velvet ribbon, silk flowers and notion flowers from Jo-Ann's, Martha Stewart border punch.
Hope you like my latest creation. I think it will make someone a treasured Valentine's gift.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful job you did on this card! AND--what a creative group you belong to over at OCC. I'm drooling at the talented cards posted there!

I pegged to be a follower on your blog as well as there!

So many challenges on S/coast & other sites---just not enough time in my day/week/year/... to do them all!

Nola
http://inkonmypaws.blogspot.com

Allies Creative Designs said...

Oh what a beautiful card. Oh so creative! Love it.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

WOWZERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is gorgeous! I love vintage and this is perfect!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com