Thursday, June 25, 2009

My First Card as Creative Imaginations Guest Designer

This fortnight's challenge on the Creative Imaginations Challenge Blog is to follow their sketch and make a Father's Day card. It was a challenge because I don't have a lot of masculine stamps. The main image is from a Stampin' Up set I bought last year, just so I would have a guy type set. Good thing, huh? I really love the image of the doggie cuddled up on his master's work boot. With the vertical strip called for in the sketch, I created a lacing similar to what you would find on a work boot. Then topped it off with a jumbo eyelet to fasten down the sentiment "Enjoy Your Day". The Chocolate Chip panel that the lacing is on was first stamped in Chocolate Chip ink with the Weathered background stamp which has a woodgrain pattern, then run through the Cuttlebug with the Distressed Stripes embossing folder. The DSP is from SU's retired Outlaw paper pack. I love that pack, hord it and use it very sparingly!! The image was colored with Copic markers and the Happy Father's Day sentiment is from the old, old SU set All Year Cheer III.

5 comments:

Margaret said...

Linda, I love this card! What a sweet stamp that you used, very manly looking!! Your cards are the best!!

Dianne said...

Linda, this card is sooo cute!! I have this stamp, but haven't had a chance to use it. Didn't think about Father's Day. You are very talented and creative.

Kath said...

Adorable card Linda!! Congratulations on a job well-done!

Anonymous said...

Linda, your blog gallery is developing nicely! Your latest works are fabulous! Congratulations on your guests' spots on Next Level. I enjoy being a follower of your blog! If I don't post too often, it is because my home computer has some kind of "filter" that will not allow me to post, so until I get it figured out..., but I do blog hop to relax and I will ALWAYS drop by!

Conniecrafter said...

wonderful masculine card, like the lacing!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com