Friday, June 12, 2009

Ribbon Frame


Here's a clever technique I learned this week on The Next Level challenge blog. The challenge was to make any kind of card we wished, but there had to be a ribbon frame on the front. The blog gave a tutorial on how to make one. This is my entry into the challenge.
The first thing I did was to select the ribbon. It had to be something that would knot nicely - not too thick and something that would lay flat. I noticed some of the challenge entries had their ribbon in a perfectly straight line. I was very impressed with that, but didn't try for it here. I actually liked the way it bows out around the nestie frame.
I am also entering this card into the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge for this week. Their challenge is to use designer paper or DSP on your card. This card uses a beautiful paper from the Life's Journey pad from K&Co. It matched up perfectly with the Martha ribbon.

Card Recipe:

Stamps: SU Flourish background stamp and Gentler Times, Inkadinkado, Rubbernecker sentiment
Cardstock: Close to Cocoa, Soft Sky, Life's Journey DSP by K&Co., Vellum

Ink: Close to Cocoa, Versamark

Accessories: Martha Stewart Ribbon, Vintage die, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities Labels die, KaiserKraft chocolate pearls, sewing machine, Martha Stewart border punch, clear EP

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my Linda!!! What a stunning creation! The ribbon frame is amazing and the colors are perfect. Thank you so much for joining as at The Next Level!

Unknown said...

Wooo Hoooo! Love seeing my girl friends join us @ "The Next Level"!
This card is awseome as always Linda! I love how the nestie kind of rounds out the ribbon frame. The colors and image are to die for!
BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Hugs!
True :)

Basement Stamper said...

This is awesome!! I'm going to have to try that tutorial as this looks amazing.

Casi said...

Wow, your card looks perfect!! Your border is fabulous!

LG Kerstin

Kim Teasdale said...

WOW! Just gorgeous Linda!! Love the colours and everything is just so elegant :D

Anonymous said...

Truly AMAZING, just LOVE this one!
After SEEING your card, I'm now inspired to try one of these "ribbon" cards! The browns & blues are gorgeously used in this creation! I'm just so impressed @ how everyone is growing in their craft!!!!

cheryl said...

oh my this is just stunning beautiful work have a lovely weekend love cheryl xxxxx

Dawn Wheeler said...

wOW WOW WOW totaly stunning and elegent ,fabulous work ,
Thank you so much for joining this weeks challenge over at
The Next Level.
Hugs Dawn+Annxxxx

Margaret said...

Wow, Linda!! That is beautiful. You make the most intricate cards I have ever seen. I am loving this one to pieces!! I nominated you for a blog award...stop on over and pick it up!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work with us.

Merry said...

Wow that is amazing..love how you changed the shape of the frame.

Jane Wetzel said...

wowzers...this is AWESOME!

Sue McMahon said...

This is stunning Linda!

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Gorgeous card, and thank you for the comment on my sketch for this week's Next level!
Hugs
Jennie

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Wowzers! Love the ribbon technique and color, great job as always, Linda! Grats on the Guest DT for the Next Level :) Also Midnight Madness is having a Guest DT call, please submit for it if you have enough time. We'd love to see your talent!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com