Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Simple ATC & a Merrry Christmas to All

From The Funkie Junkie

Time is running out as we make our final preperations for Christmas. I had a couple of hours free this morning to run last minute errands and then went to the food pantry and worked with volunteers to pack 100 regular food bags and 100 holiday bags for distribution this evening. We ended up distributing about 97 bags so we didn't run out, praise God! We have some food left for tomorrow but not much. I am going in early to clean up the pantry and get things ready for when the volunteers get there at 10 a.m. We will distribute as much food as we have until it runs out. Then I will race home and get ready to travel 3 hours to the in-laws to spend a few (hopefully) quiet days. Tonight I will try to get everything we need to take organized and ready so when I get home from the pantry, we can jump in the car and head out. You know how the DH is always anxious to get on the road, a least mine is - LOL!!

Monday night I stayed up way late to create my sample for Saturday's challenge at Our Creative Corner. Normally I would also have made a card to be published Tuesday for the Creative Card Crew, but we are on a holiday break right now. So I felt like I needed to do another card for this week. I WANTED to do another card this week, but was short on time. Then I saw the challenge this week at Flourishes Timeless Tuesday - make an ATC. Cool - should be fast and easy, right? But the challenge to me was: can I make a small & simple card? After all, I am sort of a big canvas sort of girl. And simple??? No layers, sewing or heavy embellishments? It was definitely a challenge, but turned out to be a fun little project! Here is my (first ever) ATC. It's stamped on a 2.5 x 3.5 piece of Very Vanilla, embossed with Baja Breeze, Versamark and clear EP with the snowflake from SU's Winter Post. The deer are also from Winter Post, stamped in Close to Cocoa and Versamark and embossed with clear EP. The postmark is likewise from Winter Post stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black after being stamped off once. A scrap of kraft was run through my crimper and a graphic from Magic Moonlight was used as the main image. All edges are ink distressed with Close to Cocoa. The holly leaves are a Martha punch and the red hemp is from SU (now discontinued). So now I'm done crafting until we return on Sunday. I'm sure by Sunday I will be itching to get back into my craft room!

Wishing you all a blessed Christmas for you and your families.

4 comments:

Faith S. said...

This is wonderful, Linda! I have that stamp set and love it, but I never thought of using it in the background like that. Beautiful!!

I haven't made an ATC before either. What a challenge!! :)

Merry Christmas,
Faith

Hearts Turned said...

SO beautiful, Linda! Here's wishing you a VERY Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful vintage card Linda! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Abby:)

Betty Wright said...

This is fanatstic, Linda! Great design and detailing! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com