Saturday, April 17, 2010

Butterfly and Blossoms


Back again on this beautiful Saturday morning to bring you the latest challenge from Our Creative Corner. This week, our hostess Dana Grothaus has challenged us to include a butterfly in our creation. I have been so busy this week and ended up making this card at the last minute, without much preplanning. I realized too late that I don't have a very good selection of butterflies - in stamps or embellishments. I wanted to use this sketch/image from Isabella's Sketchbook so any butterfly I included had to be fairly small. I found this small metal one in my stash and embossed it with Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Power in silver to give it a distressed look. The sentiment was printed on vellum on my home printer and clear embossed, the edges were ripped and sponged with Close to Cocoa ink. All other edges were sponged with Antique Linen distress ink. The CS and DP is all from SU. The image was colored with Copics.

I really like the image, but the card is maybe not one of my best efforts. I think my mojo was a little flat after making two cards yesterday. Hope to get a little creative break over the weekend but I do have another card due on Sunday for Pile it On.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you will also stop by Our Creative Corner and see what the rest of the team has done with the butterfly challenge.

Wishing you a wonderful Saturday of relaxation and refreshment.

Hugs & blessings,
Linda

A little P. S. - A reader inquired about the font I used to print the sentiment on my home computer. It is called Black Rose and I downloaded it from this site http://scrapvillage.com/fontsb.htm. I have been using their fonts for several years with no problems. They have tons of great FREE fonts. I find I am printing more and more of my own sentiments on my home computer.

Challenges:

One Stop Craft Challenge - Things with Wings
CCEE Stampers - Recuperating (from tax day)

29 comments:

Tasha said...

Wow this is so stunning! - beautiful mix of colours
love tasha xx

Hearts Turned said...

Such a beautiful card, Linda! I love the colors you used and every little detail--just perfect!

Hope you're having a lovely weekend!

Christine said...

It is wonderful Linda!

Lori Rider said...

Beautiful card, Linda - those are gorgeous flowers and I love your embossed butterfly! The colors and patterns are really pretty.

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

Fabulous, Linda....absolutely fabulous!!! LOVE every little detail!!!

LorettaL said...

Linda, there are so many things to love about this card. Wonderful.

Silke Ledlow said...

BEAUTIFUL Linda!!! Love the flower image and yoru sweet butterfly!!! Hugs ~S~

Anonymous said...

Linda if this is what you can still produce when your Mojo's done a hike, then I don't think you've got any thing to worry about. I've acquired one or two of Isabella's images too, they are rather lovely ! Sue C x

Justine said...

Beautiful Linda

Unknown said...

Your card is LOVELY! I think your butterfly was worth all the trouble. Great job with the challenge!!!

Tracy Vinson said...

To say this is beautiful would be an understatement!!! Outstandingly gorgeous!

IsabellasSketchbook said...

Another beautiful creation!!!

Janiel/ janny said...

hello LInda, this is FABBY!!!!

Love the colors and the sft warm look to it..
hope your weekend is great..
hugs, Janiel

Sheila said...

WOW........I just found your blog through Inspirational and I am so glad I did.......it's wonderful.
Thanks for sharing your beautiful work.
Sheila

Jennifer Scull said...

just gorgeous! love the distressing you have done! :)

Diane Gilbert said...

Wow, I think it's BEAUTIFUL!!!! It has a vintage feel to me! Love the design and that butterfly is perfect!

Julie Leblanc said...

I have never seen that butterfly before... I love it! tfs!

Viv said...

Just beautiful Linda! Love the shabby look! Viv x

Marimer said...

Maravillosa tu creatividad, es impresionante tu sensibilidad y buen gusto. Si no te importa te seguiré.
Te he encontrado a través de Inspirational.
Bss

rudlis said...

Linda,
beautiful card :)
Great job.

:) Irena

Anonymous said...

Ok, I loved the card and also have to comment that if this is what you do when your mojo is down, then you have no worries! I love the sentiment and thought it was a stamp! Could you please share the font you used for it because I love that font and tend to collect sentiments in that font. Thanks for your help. (I'm in the comments as anonymous cause that's the only way I can get in!)

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Hello and thanks so much for visiting my blog! I love collecting fonts and am finding that I am printing more and more of my own sentiments on my computer. This font is called Black Rose and I got it from this site http://scrapvillage.com/fontsb.htm. I have been using the site for several years now and they have tons of great FREE fonts.

Sarah Gough said...

So gorgeous! I have an over abundance of everything butterflies, just can't resist!

Suzi Mac said...

A beautiful card Linda, love the colours and your design. Thank you for joining us at OSCC this week
xSuzix

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Linda! Looking forward to seeing your challenge tomorrow at IS.

Shelley said...

Gorgeous card, I love the layout and colours.
Thanks for joining in with this weeks oscc.
Hugs Shelley xx

Joanne (jojot) said...

this is so very lovely...thanks for playing with the CCEEers

Anonymous said...

I would love to know how you embossed from a printer??? Doesn't the ink dry too fast?

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Regarding embossing from a printer, some people have really good luck with it. I don't. I have tried setting my ink volume to the heaviest and the Maximum Dry Time to the lowest so it spits it out fast. Have your embossing powder ready to apply as the paper ejects from the printer. That works okay for me.

In this instance, I embossed on vellum. The ink stays wet from the printer for quite awhile on vellum, giving you time to apply the EP and emboss.

I also think it depends on your printer. Mine is an ink jet.

Hope that helps!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com