Tuesday, October 26, 2010

No Buttons or Bows - Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Guest Designer

Several weeks ago I received an email from Betty Wright asking if I would like to be this week's guest host at Flourishes Timeless Tuesday.  Would I....humm, let me see...only in my wildest dreams - LOL!!!  Of course, my fingers were shaking on the keyboard when I typed my acceptance!

And now it is time for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge (FTTC90)!  It is the last Tuesday of the month when they have a guest challenge host.  This month's guest is YOURS TRULY!!!  I am challenging you to Anything Goes But Buttons and Bows.  There are so many wonderful embellishments to use for accents on our paper crafts, but all too often we fall back on our old favorites.  This week, let's stretch ourselves and see how creative we can be embellishing our cards.  We want to see what you can do without using buttons or bows.  Keep in mind that ribbon is still allowed along with lace and twine.  It's the bows and the buttons that are not.  We'd love to see what you create!

Flourishes has so many gorgeous stamps, but I am very partial to their fruit stamps.  I chose to work with the largest bunch of cherries from the Cherries and Peaches set.  In keeping with my autumn mindset, I kept the colors dark, rich earth tones.  And of course, I made it in my signature style - distressed vintage!  My main panel, layered over several pieces of K&Co. DP, is Flourishes Classic White cardstock, which I love for coloring with Copics.  The image was stamped in Memento ink and colored with  Copic markers. Then it was masked and a script stamp was overstamped in Old Paper DI.   I randomly embossed a mixture of UTEE/Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls to give it just a hit of gold tone.  All of my main embellishments were cut with dies from Flourishes Classic Ivory cardstock, sponged with Antique Linen DI and then double embossed with clear UTEE.  I was going for sort of a country enamel look, which I think I achieved.  The flower was handmade and dyed with several colors of inks to try to match the cherries.  The jewely end caps were squashed into a Versamark pad and then gold embossed.   

Inside Panel With Space To Write
The inside panel has also been finished off leaving a blank panel to write a special message.  I stamped the cherries again in Antique Linen and the script very lightly with Old Paper. 
I hope you will stop by the Flourishes blog as well as the other designers personal blogs.  I'm so excited to be working with this elite group of designers this week! 

Thanks for stopping by to share my little bit of excitement this morning.  Have a great day!
Blessings & hugs,

Challenges Entered:
Sentimental Sundays - Distressing with a sentiment on the front
Alphabet Challenge - Z is for Zig Zags
Frosted Designs - Let's See Your Die Cuts

24 comments:

Viv said...

Wow! Congrats on being guest host and LOVE your card! Colours are fab and the flower is gorgeous! Viv xx

HappyCrafter said...

Wow, this is simply fabulous and your colouring amazing! Sounds like a fun challenge too, great job picking something fun and interesting. I will check out the details and try to play along.

Unknown said...

Hi Linda,
Wow this is an awesome card hun, love the inside too. Just thought I'd pop in and say hi to my new teamie on........oops, nearly let it slip out there!!! LOL
Hugs
DAwn x

Karen said...

Love this!! It is definitely a wow card!! : )

Sian said...

Stunning card, gorgeous papers and love the image, just beautiful.
hugs

Dee Jackson said...

Wow! This card is gorgeous inside and out!! Thanks for the challenge this week:)

Betty Wright said...

GORGEOUS!!!!! I just think this needs framing and would look fabulous in any kitchen as decoration! The UTEE embossed accents are fabulous and I just think your coloring is supreme! Beautifully done, Linda! Thanks so much for hosting with us at Flourishes FTTC Challenge! Amazing card and fun challenge!

Joseline said...

Linda Congratulations on the guess spot!! You surely deserve it!! A talented artist and great person. Your card is absolutely amazing!! I will certainly be playing this week.

Silke Ledlow said...

Hey Linda, I'm so thrilled that you are our GDT...yeah!!! Your card is fabulous as alway! So many fab details too...you rock GF! Thank you for a fun challenge!!! Hugs ~S~

Juls said...

so gorgeous!! love the beautiful red cherries!! hugs Juls!

Barbara said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Linda! I agree with Betty--this needs to be in a frame! Thanks so much for playing with us this month and for the fun challenge!

Heather Rogers said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love the darker papers with the cherries.
Great challenge. I always fall back on my buttons and bows. So this will definately be a challenge for me. :)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness!! Linda, you are so creative! I love your vintage style card. Fabulous papers, distress detail, embellishments and the cherries!! Just stunning! I'm so glad you hosted this week's FTTC. Thank you so much!

ellepaulette said...

What an amazing honor and what an amazing card!!! You really did a fabulous job on it, love it!!!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Lovely cards! Your first one really stands out with your usual vintage touches.

Payne Holler Cards said...

super congrats on the Guest DT spot! they were so smart to chose you..look at this card - oh my Linda it is just over-the-top vintagely gorgeous (-:
you always amaze me with your beautiful embellisments and use of color and texture! love it
hugs GF!
Linda

Annika said...

Oh Linda, congrats on guest designer stunt - you SO deserve it!
Isn't UTEE great!! There's so much stuff you can do with it. I've started to re-discover it as well, even for not-so-vintage projects. Your work is absolutely unique and stunningly beautiful!
I am so sorry for being a bit lost - been sick as a dog for a while now. REALLY hope to get well soon, lol
Hugs
Annika

Christine said...

Congrats and great card!

Joni Parker said...

BEAUTIFUL card...I loved reading how you created it too!! Thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs & the Alphabet Challenge this week!!

Lori said...

Another stunner, Linda! Congrats on being a guest designer, yeah! Love the colors and all the layers.

Vee said...

This is a beautiful Vintage creation. Thank you for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

shaz earl said...

Beautiful card thanks for joining us at Alphabet challenge x

Barb Craft said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card!! I love the background paper you used for your image... and the flourishes and button are the perfect embellies!! Thanks for taking our die cut challenge at Frosted Designs this week!!
barb :)

Jill said...

gorgeous card Linda so beautifully made thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com