Saturday, December 25, 2010

Wishing You a Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to all of you who celebrate the sacred day and happy weekend to those of you who don't.  I'm here with our last post of 2010 for Our Creative Corner.  As we close out the year, I want to thank all of you for stopping by each week to see what I've been up to.  Your comments and support mean the world to me and your positive reinforcement letting me know that I actually can make worthwhile art projects have helped to keep me going throughout this past hyper-busy year.  I've had the privilege of serving on some fantastic design teams and have "met" some incredible women.  I know I don't get around to your blogs often enough, but you are all special to me - especially those of you who are regulars who I so enjoy hearing from.  So thank you from the bottom of my heart.  I hope the blogosphere has blessed you as much as it has me.  

Alright, so now on to this week's challenge at Our Creative Corner.  Our host, Sarah Gough, has challenged us to use felt, flocking, flocked paper or felt embellishments on our creations this week.  I am so into using textiles on my cards recently and loved this challenge immediately.  My felt is in the form of die (Cuttlebug/Spellbinders) cut snowflakes.  I used ivory felt and rubbed some Antique Linen Distress Stickles on them for a bit of bling.  And I seem to be very into kraft card stock recently.  I had forgotten how wonderful it is for that rustic country look.  How about this retro style image? I absolutely love it!  The Fairy Queen over at Prairie Fairy has just released it as a digital image and she's giving it away as a freebie on Christmas Day!  Hop over to her blog immediately and sign up to receive her posts and maybe you'll be in time to receive this awesome freebie.  

I'm not going to go into details as I think everything is pretty self-explanatory, but if you have questions just leave them in the comments and check back later for an update to the post.  Now I gotta get some sleep so Santa can come!

Blessings & hugs,

Challenges Entered:
Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge - Snow
If The Shoe Fits - Get Crafty
City Crafter Challenge Blog - Vintage Christmas

16 comments:

Basslady said...

your card is so fantastic!

sending you many hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Hege-Annie Simonsen said...

I love this! Love your style in card making!!

Merry Christmas!!
Hugs, Hege

CarlaKH said...

Again Linda you just rock! Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Cor* said...

Stunning! Absolutely gorgeous! Lovely crimped paper! Image is colored perfectly!

Unknown said...

Absolutely breathtaking Linda! Totally gorgeous!

xoxoxoxox!

Merry Christmas sweetie!

mueppi said...

Hi Linda
your card is so wonderful!
Happy New Year from germany
Hugs Gisela

Edna Morrisedie said...

Love the warm tones in this and great job building the bow feature, totally YUM!

Ros said...

Such a beautiful card ... love the colours and the image ... thank you so much for playing along at CCCB

Beverly G said...

I've been off the radar the last few weeks, but just wanted to stop by to say Happy New Year! I've learned so much from you this year and appreciate your wonderful spirit and style. Looking forward to learning even more from you in 2011.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Simply breathtaking! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!, good to see you here!

Christine said...

Truly beautiful Linda. Best wishes for the new year!

Linda McClain said...

Oh wow. This is amazing. I love what you did with the big snowflake.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Merry Christmas Linda!! This is gorgeous!! I just love all the texture you added and your beautiful image and coloring!

Anonymous said...

Another beautiful card Linda. I hope you're having a wonderful Christmas break. Sending you very best wishes for 2011. I look forward to visiting in the New Year and being left speechless by your fabulous creativity.
Sue C
x

Netty said...

Love your card Linda and sorry I have not been by for a while. So am wishing you a very Happy New Year instead. Hugs Annette x

Anonymous said...

Linda, this is a sweet card. You must spend hours making a card with all the stitching and different dies and bows--that's a gorgeous bow! The card is lovely and you always seem to be able to pull all the elements together so well. Thanks for all your work on OCC too!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com