Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Delightful Dash of Pink


Good morning, you all.  So glad to see you back here again!  Hope your weekend is off to a great start.  The DH and I are in Gainesville, FL this weekend to attend our Florida Gators football game against Tennessee.  I had a busy week trying to come back from a nasty bout of flu and turn out 12 of my sunflower kits from last week.  Then a scramble to make this card and my Simon Says make before we left on Friday.  And I got it all done!  Didn't sleep much, but made all my deadlines.

Enough about me, I'm sure you came here to see something pretty.  How about this pretty pink?  Our hostess over at Our Creative Corner this week is Sharon Wheet and she is severely limiting our indulgence in pink - LOL.  She's stacked up quite a challenge for us this week - here are the requirements:
  • Your card has to be blue with just a touch of pink (no more than 1/5 pink)
  • You must incorporate some texture (fabric, ribbon, floss, etc.) and you must include some sort of metal (brad, push pin, charm, etc.)
  • Make something pretty without going over the top with pink
Here you have what I came up with for the challenge.  When I first read the challenge requirements and started thinking about pink and blue together, I thought yuck!  But now that it's done, I really like the color combo.  I think this is the first time I have used one of the triangle filigrees from my Etsy boutique for a corner embellishment and I really like it - nice and big and bold - pretty flashy and I think it looks great with the pink resin flower sitting on it.  I had the flower sitting on my work table and it matched the pink seam binding so I thought, why not.  The wider burlap is new and going into my shop over the weekend, I hope.

I think everything here is self-explanatory, but if you have any questions, just leave them in the comments and I'll get back to you.  Briefly - the hydranga stamp is SU, the lace directions is newly acquired Wendy Vecchi Believe in Art set, the tag sentiment is from PTI.

Now hop on over to Our Creative Corner to see what the rest of the team has to get your mojo revving this weekend.

12 comments:

Marie said...

Your card is simply beautiful. Fantastic use of pink & blue. Love the embossed, cut, vellum in the corner. A true work of art!

Lori Rider said...

So pretty, Linda - I love your pops of pink. They really stand out with everything else! Your hydrangea is beautiful and the layout with the embossed vellum is so creative. Gorgeous card! Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

Darlene G said...

Your card is beautiful and the hydrangea stamp is one of my all time favorites.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Linda, every week you simply astound me with your projects! There are so many beautiful details on your card, I don'teven know where to start. I absolutely love that embossed vellum accent. WOW!! Hope you are havig a great day! Big hugs! :)

Lisa Minckler said...

As a matter of fact, I did come by to see something pretty and it is beautiful! :D
Thank you for your comment on my blog and yes, I have completed week 1 of the tag challenge, wrote the post and will run it first thing in the morning and then link to your challenge. :)
Thank you so much for the Christmas inspiration...I've truly needed it for awhile.
Lisa xx

Hobby Musician Keyboard said...

Dear Linda,
I Just arrived at you blog. Oh my, do I love your art and creative mind! I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind. You make so wonderful and lovely works! I enjoyed the visit on your site. Many thanks for your beautiful inspirations!!
Many warm Hugs from Marina from Germany
I invited you gently to visit my creative Website: Bettyscardsandpaperdesign.com

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful! Love the way you've pinned the stamped tag on the pink ribbon and that filigree piece is wonderful.

Lori said...

Gorgeous Linda! Love the touch of pink and blue!

Tui Nathan said...

Oh my ... Linda, your creations are always such a beautiful and pleasant surprise ... I absolutely love the detail you incorporate into your cards .... this week, my fave would be that gorgeous filigree corner embellishment and the sweet little rose accent and of course, I am a sucker for pretty ribbon and beautifully tied scrunchy bows!!!

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Linda this is just totally amazing, what a beautifully designed creation, the use of the vellum, the image, flowers and bow, absolutely awesome work.
hugs
Lorraine x

Vicki Burdick said...

This is gorgeous Linda, love your beautiful flower, the embossed velum and touch of pink! Sorry I am so far behind on my commenting.

Ellie Knol said...

O, this is so beautiful!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com