Saturday, October 15, 2011

Favorite Fall Flowers - a Handmade Papercrafting Kit

UPDATE:  THE KITS ARE NOW SOLD OUT.  I MAY DO ANOTHER PRODUCTION RUN NEXT WEEKEND.  EMAIL ME AT thefunkiejunkie@gmail.com IF YOU WANT TO BE ON THE WAITING LIST.  WATCH FOR A TUTORIAL LATER THIS WEEK.

If you are a regular reader of my blog, you have probably noticed a few new crinoline flowers I have designed to celebrate the autumn harvest season.  These include a sunflower, a marigold and a chrysanthemum.  I'm in the process of putting together a fall paper crafting kit containing these flowers.  I'll be working over the weekend to complete 10 kits which I expect will ship no later than Wednesday, October 19th.  The kits will be $20 (plus shipping) and will include the following items (you can double click the photo to see the items close up).  If you think the price is a bit high, just remember that almost everything here is hand-done and that is labor intensive.  You will probably be able to make 4-5 cards with all of these items.
  • 3 large crinoline flowers (your choice of mix of sunflower, marigold and chrysanthemum)
  • 10 fall oak leaves such as you have seen on recent cards - 4 with script stamp, 4 with gingham stamp and 2 cut from acetate and colored with alcohol inks
  • 2 - 2 yard lots of crinkled seam binding, one in rust and one in a gold/brown tone wound on vintage style hand distressed ephemera cards
  • Venice lace butterfly and 1 yard of Venice lace both dyed brown (lace wound on one of my hand distressed clothes pins)
  • 3 vintage style tags, hand distressed
  • 4 metal filigree flowers (1 large and 3 small)
  • 1 yard of rust colored burlap thread
  • 1 beaded safety pin
  • 2 pieces of hand distressed fall ephemera
Your kit will arrive packed in an beautifully embellished 6x6 card box.  The box can later be used to mail/present a 5.5x5.5" card.

If you would like just the flowers, they will be 3 for $4.50 plus shipping and will also arrive safely in a lovely embellished 6x6 card box.
I am taking reservations for these kits.  If you would like to reserve a Favorite Fall Flowers kit, please email me at thefunkiejunkie@gmail.com.  If there are any left after the reservations come in, they will be on sale in my Etsy boutique.  Don't forget, if you want to make your own, I have crinoline for sale on Etsy too.  I will also try to get a tutorial done sometime this week, in between making flowers for the kits.

10 comments:

Cheryl said...

These flowers are absolutely gorgeous!

Unknown said...

wow absolutely stunning Linda
Chris x

Suzi Mac said...

Fabulous idea Linda, I hope you sell tons n tons. Beautiful selection and those flowers are to die for.
Hugs
Suzi x

MarcyK924 said...

OH Linda - these are GORJUS!!!! No secret that this is your favorite time of year! Letting you know I'm linking Funkie Junkie to my blog for my awesome purchase from your Etsy shop! I can't wait to shop some more! Hugs, Marcy

Terry said...

Count me for a kit! Your flowers are amazing!

Lisa Minckler said...

Linda,
My goodness....you amaze me. :D
I'm lucky I had time to brush my teeth today and look what you're doing!! WONDERFUL idea. I might just be tempted to treat myself to an early Christmas present.
Beautiful work. :D
Lisa xx

Pam said...

I just emailed you for a kit. I hope I got it in on time because these are to die for!

ednamburgess said...

I just e-mailed an order for the kit which is gorgeous. Can't wait to get it. Edna

Marjie Kemper said...

What a beautiful kit! And I think very fairly priced. I'm still using what I bought on your etsy shop and can definitely vouch for the quality and careful shipping.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Linda, please let me know next time you put together another kit. I am very interested. Hopefully if I get one your creative mojo will rub off on me, too. Haha! These flowers are amazing!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com