Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Challenge: 12 Tags of Christmas - Funkie Junkie Style - Week #10

Welcome friends and visitors!   This week brings us to Tag #10 and I am happy to see you back to check out my Tag #10 of the 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie style.  I'm here with a new tag each Wednesday until we complete all 12 tags.  You are challenged to find at least one thing on my tag that will inspire your tag or holiday project.  We hope you will join in the fun.  All the rules can be found in this post.

I decided to build upon an embossed surface this week and used the poinsettia embossing folder from Stampin' Up.  I inked the tag a bit with Vintage  Photo Distress Ink and then went around the edges with Alcohol Ink Gold Mixative.  With that awesome new white burlap mesh I found to carry in the Etsy shop, I cut a heart with a Spellbinders die.  This is some really cool burlap fabric.  It is stiff, like it has a major amount of sizing in it.  It die cuts easily and doesn't easily unravel.  I went around the outer edge of the heart with a Versamark marker and then gold embossed the edge with Judi-Kins Egyptian Gold EP.  I did the same on the strip along with lower edge.  I made one thin line top and bottom with the Versamark Marker and then embossed the line with the gold EP.  The burlap strip was overlaid over a couple of rows of Tim Holtz's music note tissue tape.

The skaters and the Santa Post seal are from the Winter Post set from SU.  The holly leaves, also embossed with Eqyptian Gold EP and the Merry Christmas are from Inkadinkado.  The seam binding was dyed with a few drops of Vintage Photo Distress Ink and the tag was cut with a Spellbinders die.

That about does it for Tag #10.  If you have any questions, leave them in the comments section and then come back here to see the updated post.    I hope you will decide to play along.  In any event, thank you so much for visiting and for any comment you wish to leave.





9 comments:

Pam said...

Another gorgeous tag! You are amazing.

Lisa Minckler said...

Oh Linda,
Soooooo many wonderful elements to choose from here! I love the embossed burlap and that tissue paper and the image is wonderful all atop the embossed poinsettia background. WOW...so many fun and beautiful things to inspire us. :D
Thank you so much for this fabulous challenge. I've entered #9 finally. :)
Off to deliberate my strategy for 10.
Hugs,
Lisa xx

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Linda
Well I do think this is my favourite to date.... although I have loved all the others as well.
The elements you have added to this glorious Tag, are wonderful, I am so excited I have all these ideas clamouring in my head, and I know that I will be useless in creating in this state of mind. So I must walk away, make a cuppa, calm down, and take a breadth, then pick a few inspirational objects and complete the project.
#10 here I come........
Thanks Linda for this wonderful Challenge.
Smiles:)

Kathy said...

I love your tag - I'm looking forward to seeing more of the burlap mesh used in your cards/tags.

marsha said...

Absolutely gorgeous Linda! I love your designs and you are certainly blessing with creativity!
Hugs,
Marsha

Christine said...

They just keep getting better n better!

Jen said...

Linda I just loved the embossed background on the tag with the gold color!! I hope to work on more of the other weeks I'm behind on tomorrow :)
thanks for the inspiration!
hugs,
Jen

Kate Yetter said...

Love your use of the burlap! That couple is quite romantic. Love it!!!
Kate

jude said...

Another inspiring creation.Im getting there on the catch up!..lol
hugs judex

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com