Friday, December 9, 2011

Tattered Tree - Tim's Tag #7

While I wasn't crazy over Tag #6, I love the earth colors of Tim's Tag #7.  I followed his process and techniques pretty closely.  I love kraft glassine, but have never used alcohol inks on it.  I know you can't stamp on it with regular stamping ink but I never thought about colorizing it with alcohol inks.  I followed his directions and it worked wonderfully.    I loved what he did with the holly leaves but I wanted to change up a bit so I broke out the new pine tree die I just bought.  The "Winter Fun" and subtle snowflakes are Stampin' Up rub ons that have been in my stash for the past two years.  Nothing is much of a mystery here.  I did put  a little gold mesh under the burlap. It twinkles pretty nicely IRL.  Let me know if you have any questions.









Linked up to: Inspiration Emporium/Inspiration Journal 12 Tags - Tag 7

Products Used:


17 comments:

Beverly G said...

I haven't looked at Tim's, but your's is gorgeous!!

Scrumplescrunch said...

I love this tag Linda and I am pleased that you added a bit of texture, with the Burlap.
Smiles:)

jude said...

Love the tag ,the colour combo and texture are abasolutely stunning together.Received flowers this morning thankyou so muvh they are beautiful!
hugs have great weekend
judex

iReneM said...

This is beautiful, Linda.
x

Pam said...

Gorgeous! Love the colors and that glassine is great. Love the gold mesh over the burlap.

Cec said...

This is absolutely stunning. I have fun when I craft but if I had your creative mind, I would be singing as I worked :)
Hugs!
Cec

Christine said...

Beautiful!

Susan said...

This one is just beautiful. I love the shades of green. Thank you.

ednamburgess said...

Love it. Have not seen Tim's yet, but I'd say you might win. Beautiful. Edna

Ellie Knol said...

Linda, it looks GORGEOUS!!!! Gonna use this one as inspiration... I find it such a difficult one..

Darlene G said...

Very beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through the Viva Las Vegas site. This is a beautiful tag. I love the colors and all the details. So subtle and elegant.

Sharon said...

I just love everything you do!
Sharon

Conniecrafter said...

very cool, love the rustic feel this has!

Lisa Minckler said...

GAK!!! This is truly AMAZING. I think this might be my favorite of these. :D

Jen said...

Beautiful tag! Like how you made the tree!!
hugs,
Jen

Jen said...

Beautiful tag! Like how you made the tree!!
hugs,
Jen

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com