Saturday, January 21, 2012

An Artsy Inspiration

Greetings and happy weekend!  Welcome to my Saturday post for Our Creative Corner.  This week, our hostess Lori Rider has put together a lovely photo inspiration challenge to start our weekend mojo jumpin'.  We have to pick a minimum of two items from the photo and tell what it was that inspired us.  And a little extra twist is that this is a baby shower photo so you can make a baby card if you wish.  No baby on my card, but a sweet little vintage girl from Artistic Outpost.  For my piece, I was inspired by the colors and the branch in the inspiration photo.  I was also inspired by the flowers in the very back which could be tulips.
This card will be used as my first DT card for Artistic Outpost so I wanted it to be suitably artsy.  But now that it's finished, I just don't know if I like it or not, but I did have some fun playing around with my new Tim Holtz Tattered Banners and Distressed Doily dies, which I am now carrying in my Etsy boutique.  (And now that it's photographed I see that when I put craft foam behind the main image it made my doily ripple a bit - my tired eyes didn't notice that last night when I was creating this.)

The background is kraft CS covered with a wash of Picket Fence Distress Stain with a little Worn Lipstick and Dried Marigold reinker mixed in.  Then I embossed with a Tim Holtz embossing folder and sanded the top with my new Tim Holtz sanding grip, which I think I am going to love.  The images are from Artistic Outpost Lovely Day and were stamped Gathered Twigs DI.  I added a bit of coral color with a Copic marker.  The branch was cut from chipboard, painted with Expresso Paint Dabber and sanded, a technique I picked up from reading Shelly Hickox's blog.  I layered it over a piece of turquoise CS to tie into the inspiration photo.  There you have it.  Now hope over to Our Creative Corner to see the other masterpieces from the rest of the DT.  Hope you will play along with our challenge.  And don't forget, our DT call is open until Monday the 23rd.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and for any comments you care to leave.  If you have questions, please leave them in the comments section and I will update the post with the information so all can see.









16 comments:

Marjie Kemper said...

Love how you've mixed the colors from the inspiration photo this week. Your layered branch is what I had in mind when I started out!

marsha said...

Linda, what a great interpretation of the photo you created! Your colors are gorgeous, and as always, your vintage art is spectacular!
Hugs,
Marsha

May said...

Beautiful interpretation of the pic, your card is beautiful, colours are stunning, so lovely, Hugs May x

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Great inspirations piece for this challenge. Love how you always get that Vintage design. Wind and 8 Inches of Wintery Snow here so great time to hunker in and Enjoy.

Deb Neerman said...

Love it, Linda!

Shelly Hickox said...

Totally gorgeous!!!

Yvonne Garner said...

Linda, your interpretation is just breathtaking! So beautiful. Yvonne

Irene said...

Fabulous work Linda, and a great interpretion of the photo. Your colours and design are amazing.
irene
xxxx

Irene said...

Fabulous work Linda, and a great interpretion of the photo. Your colours and design are amazing.
irene
xxxx

Dolly Daydreams said...

I think this is fabulous , didn't even notice the ripple, beautiful DT piece and very " artsy, love your stamping and layering and thoe fantastic colours.

Marie

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...your card is a great interpretation of the photo (cool way to pick a theme) and your colours are spot on...if this is your work when your tired WOW...Mel :)

MarcyK924 said...

PERFECT interpretation of the photo! I love how you took the vintage image and embellies and created the beautiful layering! I HEART the Artistic Outpost stamps too!! Hugs, Marcy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Linda, love the Artistic Outpost stamps and how you've incorporated the lace TH die. Sue C x

Michele Kovack said...

This is gorgeous! Such pretty elements to look at!

Sharon Wheet said...

Linda, I just wanted to let you know that I do LOVE your card. I think you did a fabulous job showcasing some of the elements from the inspirational photo. Next time you look at this card, please use a kinder eye. It is quite beautiful! and artsie!
Have a great week.

Melina said...

very pretty! I love the way you used the distressed stain :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com