Sunday, April 22, 2012

Canvas and Enamel

I had a little time to play today so I made a tag.  I have been wanting to play with canvas and ink sprays since I saw Tammy Robert's StepXStep last week on the Frilly and Funkie blog.  A friend is in the hospital so I thought I would make a tag instead of a card and took this opportunity to satisfy my itch to get the canvas and spray out.  

I used an old SU set - Garden Silhouettes and stamped it with Espresso Acrylic Paint Dabber onto a piece of canvas cut with the Tag and Bookplates die.  I filled a mini mister half full of water and added 4 drops of Tattered Rose reinker plus a couple of sprays of Biscotti Perfect Pearls.  I sprayed the Perfect Pearls right into the mini mister, shook it all together and sprayed the canvas.  

I had some parchment paper out while doing Terry's Friday Focus with the shrink plastic and decided it was too much fun to throw away.  So I crumpled it all up, smoothed it out and coated it with Vintage Photo Distress Stain.  Then using an alcohol ink applicator, meadow alcohol ink and gold mixative, I inked the parchment paper, very similar to the way I did the kraft glassine last week.  

Oooh, I loved the way it came out.  Next, it was glued it to a piece of chipboard and when the glue was dry, die cut with the M&S Mini Flourish die.  Then I coated it with Versamark and applied UTEE plus the heat gun and came out with this wonderful grungy enameled flourish.  I made the flowers earlier in the week - white CS was cut with the new Tattered Flowers decorative strip die, Tattered Rose Distress Stain was applied, then Biscotti Perfect Pearls mist, dried with the heat tool and then dipped into UTEE that was heated up in my Melting Pot to create these enameled flowers.  

The Praying For You sentiment is from another old SU set - So Many Sayings, stamped on white CS, cut with the Tattered Banners Decorative Strip die, sponged and spritzed with Vintage Photo distress ink and then coated with Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint.  I topped it off with a snippet of faux suede celery green ribbon, a piece of twine and some coffee dyed Venise lace.   I also cut a second tag from chipboard and glued the canvas one over top of it for stability.  

There you have it - just a little extra post this week because I could :)  Thanks so much for stopping by and for your generous and encouraging comments!  Wishing you a wonderful week!

12 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Oh Linda, this is so pretty! I love the vintage feel, and the perfect colour palette.
Cheers, Karen

anna christensen crafts said...

Linda, this is such a very beautiful tag - perfect to give to your friend, who will love the fact that you made it. The sentiment made my eyes fill up... good wishes to you and to your friend also, Anna xx

lainey said...

I love it Linda!! the flourish looks fab, it all combines beautifully. lainey x

Pam said...

Linda, fabulous tag! The flourish is beatiful, and the flowers - superb. Your friend is going to be so happy!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Stunning Linda, love love your sprayed canvas. The stamped image works beautifully and I love your flowers. Tracy x

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Wow! Just stunning. I love those flowers...and the flourish is fabulous.

Kate Yetter said...

Fabulous, Linda! I love all your awesome techniques. I really can't wait to give it a try. Your tag is amazing! I am sure your friend loved it!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Gorgeous...just gorgeous! Love the flower technique!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tag Linda, I'm sure your friend will love it. Love how the parchment turned out and the enamelled flowers are scrummy ! Sue C x

Michelle Webb said...

What a great idea, love that Studio canvas, I have to get some. I really like the way you have stamped and designed the tag. Michelle x

Michelle Gray said...

Beautiful tag. I'm sure your friend loves it and it gives her a bit of cheer in her room.
Love the piece of parchment too. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Inkypinkycraft said...

This is so beautiful, the colours, design ,well everything just compliments one another! Hugs trace. X

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com