Saturday, May 26, 2012

A Little Shabby Chic Eye Candy for Your Desk


 
Good morning blogging friends.  If you are in the USA, I wish you a happy and safe Memorial Day weekend.  Hope you can grab some outdoors time with your family!

This week over at Our Creative Corner, Sue Butler is our hostess and she wants to see our Shabby Chic creations.  Well, that's not even a challenge for me - LOL.  It's pretty much what I do.  But I did go a little grander than normal  The Pion Designs paper I used was the small 6x6 version and the particular piece I wanted to use from the From My Heart II pack really begged to be done in a 6x6.  So rather than make a huge card, I set out to make a wall handing, but at the last minute decided it would be better free standing rather than hung.  I pulled out my trusty easel die and set it up to be freestanding.  I really like making free standing art pieces using the easel die.  I use it for tags too so I can stand them up on my desk rather than find a place to hang them.
I hand dyed all the laces which started out as pure white.  They are all available in white in my Zibbet boutique (don't forget, everything there is on sale through May 28th) and I do have some of the deep ivory hearts available there. My rose was made using the Tattered Pine Cones die and the flourish is an old BossKut die I've had for sometime.  The shabby seam binding was dyed with a couple of drops of Tattered rose reinker watered down a bit.  Just about everything here was made with all my favorite goodies that I carry in my boutique.  The only thing you can buy is the vintage image I used, which I created by removing backgrounds in my PhotoShop Elements and layering three vintage images together.  Love playing with photoshop and vintage images to see what I can come up with.

The Tim Holtz metal Word Band was swiped with a bit of gesso, using my finger to apply it.  I frequently get questions on how I affix my lace and metal bits.  I really love using the Claudine Hellmuth Multi Medium Matte because it dries clear and matte, not shiny.  All my edges were sponged with either Antique Linen or Vintage Photo distress inks.

Be sure to stop by Our Creative Corner.  The design team has excelled themselves with Sue's shabby chic team and I, for one, am absolutely drooling over their creations!








Products Used from The Funkie Junkie Boutique:

16 comments:

Vickie said...

Simply gorgeous, Linda. Love your style!

Crafty Loops said...

This is incredibly beautiful. Hope you have a wonderful Memorial weekend. Lee x

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Love ,love this project Linda some much detail, love the white corrugated cardboard you used for the background so vintage .
Marilyn

May said...

Beautiful creation Linda... Hugs May x x

Kim said...

This is so beautiful Linda! I am in awe....as usual!

Yvonne Garner said...

Linda, your work is second to none. Beautiful!

Denni said...

WOW! Your style ALWAYS catches my eye but gosh girl - this one is beyond stunning!! I love all the detail you added and the light colors, it is just amazing!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, such lovely combo of laces, colors and image!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

No one does this better than you!!! Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous!

Darla Walden said...

What an absolutely beautiful project, just stunning,

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Linda
Today has been a most enjoyable day and it is not over yet, I have been viewing and commenting on the Shabby cards that have been created and I am just euphoric on what I am seeing.
I am aware that we have a talented team, but I am also aware that Shabby-Chic is not for everyone.
I, like you find this genre not only easy, but so satisfying and enjoyable and your card is oozing in all of this, the Palette is soft and warm, your elements are always placed to perfection, and I wish I could relate to you the utter pleasure it gives me to see such a creation. You always inspire me in this area of card-making Linda. A perfect exemplification of Shabby-Chic.
Smiles:)
Sue

Unknown said...

Eye Candy in deed!! Gorgeous. I am a new follower from the Zibbet Community and I happened upon your blog. Love your shop!!

Anonymous said...

linda
i just love your cards and work i remember seeing them from the tea room many moons ago!! so glad i refound your blog
lizzi

Anne Marie Hile said...

Linda you are the queen of shabby and I knew you would create another work of art for this chllenge. This is stunnig, with such wonderful detail. You always nspire me with your projects. I wanted to say thank you for your inspirtion even more this week as, the items from your kit really helped encourage me to make my card. As you know, thisis a style I am still trying to learn. I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend! Big hugs sent your way! :)

Tui Nathan said...

This is so pretty Linda ... love the softness and femininity of this ... very stylish and very chic!!!

Jenny Gropp said...

Linda.... The details, the design, the creative ideas.... All came together on this one! It's beautiful!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com