Saturday, October 13, 2012

It's A Round Fall

Click once for close up, click twice to see details up close.
Happy Saturday.  Hope you are enjoying a glorious fall weekend.  We actually had a breath of cool air waft by here in South Florida and the temperature is going to PLUNGE to 74 degrees tonight!  Don't laugh - that actually is a breath of fresh air for us :)

So I should be in an autumnal state of mind right?  And I was and I made this wall hanging to celebrate!  I had a fine time yesterday playing with my Mini Tattered Leaves die, stampin' and spongin' and sprayin'.  My fingers were so inky and here is the result (sorry this is so small, give the photo a click or two to bring it up close).  Our challenge this week at Our Creative Corner, brought to us by Meihsia Liu, is to make a round card with a fall theme.  This is actually a round wall hanging.  I bought a round chipboard album at Michael's ultra cheap.  It had about 5 of these 6" round chipboard pieces and every once in awhile I make a wall hanging with one.    The covered bridge and the "simple" stamps are from The Old Grist Mill, an Artistic Outpost set that I am now carrying in TFJ boutique.  I stamped it in Coffee archival onto a pice of vanilla CS, cut it out with deckle edge scissors and sponged it with Vintage Photo DI.  The flowers were all handmade with various "tattered" dies - Tattered Forals, Mini Tattered Florals and the Tattered Flowers decorative strip die.  They were cut from apricot CS and then sponged with either Wild Honey or Marigold DI.  Then I spritzed them with water, wrinkled them up, unfurled them, dried them with my heat gun and sponged the edges with Vintage Photo DI.  Then some were spritzed with Perfect Pearls Mist in Cappuccino and some with Biscotti.  The leaves were done pretty much the same way, but stamped on too and not hit with the Perfect Pearls mist.

The gathered kraft edging is the kraft paper twist from my boutique.  I cut about 1" sections, unfurled it and glued them end to end.  It took about 20 all glued together to make a strip.  Then I ran a basting stitch along one edge and cut the other edge with pinking sheers.  Once gathered, I glued it to the back side and sponged the edges with Vintage Photo DI.

That's about it.  Let me know if you have questions.  Most of the supplies can be purchased at my Funkie Junkie Boutique - just click the thumbnail.  And don't forget, all my Ranger products are always 20% below MSRP and this week the seasonal Sizzix dies and Texture Fades are another 15% off - such a deal, but quantities are limited so shop early!

Be sure to stop by Our Creative Corner to wander through the fall glory brought to you by the talented designers on our team!









These products are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique:








12 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Gorgeous, love the addition of the leaves etc! Great Autumn decoration!

Lisa Minckler said...

Linda, it's just Autumn gorgeous. Everything that I adore in the season is depicted here in circle beauty.

Meihsia Liu said...

Oh, Linda, this is fabulous! The handmade flowers and kraft edging are amazingly beautiful on this wall hanging....:)

Joan said...

I love your autumn hanging ,beautiful flowers and the ruffled edging is gorgeous

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Beautiful autumn wall hanging love how you get the gathering around the edge . Your flowers and leaves are stunning .
Marilyn

Words and Pictures said...

What a lovely hanging - the flowers are absolutely delicious, and your inky leaves are so worth the inky fingers!
Alison x

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

this reminds me of things my Grandma had hanging around her country house before she & Grandpa moved to town. I love the doilie hanging along the bottom

marda said...

I love this hanging. Now I know what to do with all that twist from way back when.. what a neat idea you came up with. That doily is the perfect addition. Love that stamp collection too.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

It's beautiful Linda! I love the shape, and never tire of that AO image!

Jenny Marples said...

That covered bridge image really makes me think of America as we don't have anything like them in the UK (well, that I've seen anyway:) This is just SO harvest time all in one. Love it. BTW, made up that I got those diffusers from you - not even the trade peeps over here have played with them yet so it's great to play with 'no mental barriers'!!! Hugs as ever, Buttons x

MarcyK924 said...

Love the krafty elements, Linda! Those gorgeous flowers look perfect with them and I am smitten with that little piece of gingham! I love that you made this into a wall hanging! FABULOUS! Hugs, Marcy

Art By Wanda said...

Beautiful piece!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com