Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Welcome Autumn

I'm back today with my Funkie week make for the two-week Frilly and Funkie Autumn challenge.  I used the wonderful vintage style Hayride plate recently released by Artistic Outpost to create a autumn blessings piece.  It's very rustic looking, mounted on a shell of rust colored card stock with a layer of corrugated cardboard.  The background paper is from my current fall favorite set Maja Design Walking in the Forest collection.  The images were stamped on white card stock using Jet Black archival ink, then were sponged with Vintage Photo DI.  I embossed and sanded a piece of kraft core for the Autumn Blessings panels.  The flower is a bronze daisy from my boutique, embossed with Antique Linen distress EP and topped with a carved coconut shell button.  A little random stitching finished off the homespun feel of the card.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Hope your week is going great!


The supplies below were used to make this card and are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique, where Tim Holtz/Ranger products are always 20% below MSRP.

8 comments:

Claudia N. said...

My, this is so beautiful, Linda! LOVE the roughly treated edges and your choice of colours so much! A brilliant card!

Hugs,
Claudia x

Words and Pictures said...

Glowingly beautiful, Linda - and I love the images on the ovals (think I may "need" that oval die after all...). Gorgeous card.
Alison xx

Nicole Wright Designs said...

This is gorgeous! Autumn is my favourite time of year and this captures that warm feeling. The colours are stunning! Beautiful!

Maryanne said...

This is beautiful, Linda. Very rustic and fall looking. It really says Thanksgiving and late fall. Love it!

rachel said...

stunning colours Linda - really wonderful xx

Yvonne Garner said...

Striking autumnal beauty! Always a delight to see your design work. Hugs, Yvonne

Viv said...

Just fab Linda! Great colours and has a real rustic feel. x

Barb Cady said...

A great card, I love this set of stamps and the way you have cut out Autumn Blessings from the embossed plate. Perfect colours. X

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com