Sunday, January 5, 2014

Just Playing Around


I'm back today with my weekly DT make for Artistic Outpost.  For this week's project, I decided to play around with a grungy background.  I really liked the way the background came out, but not so much the overall tag.  That I am not thrilled with.  But I do love the Paperboy plate by Artistic Outpost.  The text stamp I used for the background is especially cool.  

In fact, I liked the background so much that I took a picture of it before I decorated the tag.  Using one of the jumbo manila tags from the boutique, with the Tim Holtz Schoolhouse stencil, I stenciled numbers and letters in Potting Soil archival.  Then I stamped the text stamp in black.  Using white Wendy Vecchi embossing paste, I stenciled the full stencil over the entire tag.  Once that dried, I did Tim Holtz's marbled stains technique using Frayed Burlap and Picket Fence.
Here's what it looked like after doing all of that.  (Sorry for the way the overhead Ott light is reflected on the craft sheet).  I used the Tim Holtz ticket die to cut the tickets for the focal image and the sentiment, both of which were stamped in Jet Black archival.  I finished it off with some bits and pieces from my stash, including the half clock face.  Unfortunately, I can't quite remember how I made that but seem to remember Tarnished Brass distress stain and UTEE.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today.  I sincerely appreciate any comments you care to leave!








The products below were used to make this tag. They can be purchased at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.


14 comments:

rachel said...

this looks wonderful Linda - I love how you've used the clock die - it looks fabulous! Big Hugs Rachel xx

Nicole Wright Designs said...

Love the grungy look Linda. And the stencil is awesome. Great tag.

Viv said...

I really like this Linda - the background is fab and the overall look is balanced and beautiful! x

Words and Pictures said...

Wow, wow, wow - can completely see why you love that background - me too! Fabulous, fabulous tag - brilliant work!
Alison xx

Redanne said...

The background really is fabulous Linda and I love the overall look of the tag, it is so well balanced and the paperboy is just delightful. Hugs, Anne x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

You're really a busy bee. Another wonderful tag, love every detail especially the use of the weathered clock.

Astrid Maclean said...

How wonderful to have some time to play, - and the result is fantastic! Love the background, but the completed tag looks fantastic too! To my eyes anyway, it all looks brilliant!

Maryanne said...

This tag is really fantastic, Linda. I love the background and the message is a great one. Very awesome tag!

Hettie said...

This is gorgeous Linda. Love the effect of the background.
Hugs
xx

Barb Cady said...

I so agree, that background is brilliant and I'm loving the sentiment. Wish I'd had time to play today but I was taking the decorations down, it looks so bare now! This tag certainly takes us into a new look, great work! X

Marjie Kemper said...

This is right up my alley, Linda. Love all the layering of text and letters with the paste. Wishing you a very happy New year!

Anonymous said...

I love this tag, it's so gorgeous will all those cool layers.

Kate Yetter said...

Linda, your background texture is amazing! The layers are awesome. I am loving this masculine tag.
Kate

Suzanne C said...

Love this! The background is fantastic and perfect with the paperboy image!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com