Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Advice for Dad

Hello and welcome!  We have a new two-week challenge starting today over at Frilly and Funkie.  Jenny is hosting this time around and her challenge is "For All Our Fathers".  She would like us to make something for a special man in our life.

Here's my take for the Frilly week.  It was a little hard to come up with something on the shabby chic side for the Frilly week, not wanting to use lace or flowers.  I started with a piece of designer paper from Pion Designs For Father collection (I still have a few sets in stock) and stenciled Tim's Rays stencil onto it with Vintage Photo.  Then I created the pocket watch frame using the pocket watch die along with one of the sized circles M&S dies.  I treated the chipboard frame first with Wendy Vecchi's Metallic Gold embossing paste and when dry a coat of her Crackled texture paste.  Once that was dry, I brushed Vintage Photo distress ink over it and then double embossed it with UTEE.

I layered an old book page under the pocket watch frame and stamped and fussy cut the auto image from Artistic Outpost's Diesel Punk set.  The child image and the sentiment are also from that set.   I created a cabochon by printing Dad out on my computer, cutting it out and distressing it with Vintage Photo, then layered a dome seal over it and attached it to a bronze filigree cabochon setting from my shop.

The card was finished off with a bit of Tim Holtz colored twine, a Prima leaf filigree from one of the Finnabiar Vintage Mechanicals collections as well as a key from my shop.

That's it for the Frilly week.  Hope you will stop by the Frilly and Funkie challenge blog to see what the other designers have to inspire you.








These products used to make the card above are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique where most name brand products are always 20% below MSRP!


10 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

Loving this mix of textures and the fabulous cabochon Linda. This works so well. Jenny x

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous masculine project Lind and I do love that sentiment!! I know a few men that could do with that!!

Maryanne said...

This is a great masculine card, Linda. I love the pocket watch die and the sentiment. Perfect Father's Day card!

wendy vecchi said...

every little detail add up to make it...
perfect! wow!

Lisa Minckler said...

Oh this is wonderful. Some sage advice for my dear husband who takes roundabouts at the speed of light!
Really love how this turned out Linda.

Hugs to you.
Lisa x

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card!

Susan said...

I really love this card. I always need ideas for 'manly' cards. Thanks.

Words and Pictures said...

I love this, LInda - warm and golden, and brilliant use of those wonderful AO stamps. A fantastic masculine card.
Alison xx

Gwendolyn Taylor said...

I don't do father's day but this card is beautiful.

Anneke said...

Wonderful, love it Anneke.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com