Sunday, June 29, 2014

Happy 4th of July!

Greetings friends and visitors,

I know I've been slacking a bit on my crafting.  I missed last week's DT post for Artistic Outpost.  My DH and I were on vacation for 12 days.  I tried to get as much of my postings done ahead of time, but just couldn't manage everything.  So I'm back today for my weekly design team post for Artistic Outpost and have a lot of sparkle and bling to share!  I wanted to do something to celebrate the 4th of July and use the wonderful Hero set.  Love the set and hope that it will be continued with the new releases with the new owners from Artistic Outpost coming out this fall.

I started, as always, with one of the jumbo manila tags that I sell in the boutique.  I covered the entire tag with the Stars layering stencil and applied embossing ink with a Mini Ink Blending Tool and then applied Weathered White EP.  Once I had heat set the EP, I sponged Faded Jeans over the tag and also blotted some Faded Jeans stain on my craft sheet and laid the tag face down it it a couple of times.

I cut a Chevron die cut from plain gray chipboard, stained it with Festive Berries and cut it to fit the tag.  Then I applied Glossy Accents very liberally to the die cut and shook on Festive Berries Distress Glitter.  Once it was dry, I affixed it to the bottom with Ranger Multi Medium Matte.  I also used the off cuts to embellish the top.

I cut a star from chipboard also and painted it white with Picket Fence distress paint, dried it with my heat tool and then did the Glossy Accents/distress glitter application, this time with Clear Rock Candy distress glitter.  A small Tattered Banners die cut was made with white CS, stamped with Festive Berries DI, smudged and edged a bit with Vintage Photo and affixed to the star with a bit of craft foam under it to pop it up.

I decided to finish it off with a "4" cut with the Word play die.  It was cut from chipboard covered with Ranger Foil Tape, then black acrylic paint dabber was applied to make it look tarnished.

That's it for this week.  I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!  Thank you so much for stopping by and for any comment you care to leave.

Oh, and in case you are interested, the DH and I flew to Seattle, spent a couple of lovely day exploring Seattle plus the Washington and Oregon coast and then took a 7 day Alaskan cruise.  Here's a picture of us on a excursion to the Tracy Arm fjord.  It was AMAZING(ly cold)!














These products were used to make the above tag and can be purchased at The Funkie Junkie Boutique where most name brand products including Tim Holtz/Ranger are always 20% below MSRP:

7 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Terrific tag - I adore the background, so beautiful, and great use of those chevrons, so fabulously sparkly!

Thanks for sharing those amazing photos too... lovely to see those nice wide smiles, as well as the astonishingly beautiful icebergs.
Alison xx

Maryanne said...

What a fantastic patriotic tag, Linda! I really love the chevron all glittered. Looks like you had a fabulous vacation. It sounds wonderful!

Jenny Marples said...

Such a super patriotic tag Linda. Loving those glittered chevrons. Alaska looks amazing and you definitely seem to be having a great time seeing it all. Jenny x

Susan said...

Wonderful pictures of your cruise. Know you both had a great time. The tag is the best.

Redanne said...

Your patriotic tag is beautiful Linda. I hope you feel refreshed after your wonderful holiday. Seattle has to be one of my favourite cities in the US, the weather is so very British there too! Hugs, Anne xx

Jane said...

What a fab tag Linda, I love the added glitter and the gorgeous star background. Your holiday photos are wonderful, you look so happy with your DH, amazing scenery - the ice looks blue x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

PINNED!!!! Love this patriotic tag Linda!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com