Thursday, December 25, 2014

A Christmas Wish

Double click any photo to zoom in for details.
Just a quick wish this Christmas morning to all my friends and visitors for a very Merry Christmas.  I hope your Christmas is filled with love and family, food and good cheer.  After a week of rain in Florida, we are going to have a sunshine filled day.  

I put together a very quick tag to wish you all peace and happiness this season.  I grabbed a tag that I had experimented with a couple of weeks ago and set aside.   The Tim Holtz Festive stencil was sprayed with Tarnished Brass Distress Spray Stain and laid face down onto a jumbo tag.  I had seen that done on a blog, but unfortunately my little experiment didn't really show the pattern of the stencil.  I wasn't happy with it and set it aside to use later.  Last night I picked it up, sponged Mowed Lawn over the entire tag and then stenciled on the pinecones in brown and the holly leaves with Pine Needles.  The holly berries were created with red stickles. 
Using the Tattered Poinsettia (retired) die, I cut a Christmas carol song sheet, dampened it with water, crunched it up, dried it with a heat tool, edged it with Frayed Burlap and then sprayed it with Tarnished Brass distress spray stain.  I picked up some pretty flower centers last week on sale at Jo-Ann and they worked perfect for the poinsettia.  It was finished off with a Holiday Words:  Script sentiment and a row of snowflakes die cut with the Holly, Beaded and Snowflake Garland decorative strip die, both of which were colored with Tarnished Brass distress stain and affixed with Ranger Multi Medium Matte.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you all have a fantastic day with your families!









The products below were used the make this tag.  They are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique, where Ranger/Tim Holtz and most other name brand products are always 20% below MSRP.

2 comments:

Pamellia said...

Hi Linda! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, I sure did, but I admit it's great to be back to my craft room! This is such a gorgeous tag, I love the colours and your musical poinsettia! I look forward to learning from you and being inspired by you in the upcoming year! see you again soon, hugs :)

Kirsten said...

A very beautiful tag. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas & I send you all good wishes for 2015.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com