Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Winter Love

Winter greetings, friends and followers.  I'm back with a little piece I made for the Funkie week of the Winter Wishes challenge over at Frilly and Funkie.  Nancy Dynes is our host this fortnight and we wants us to make something depicting what we love about winter.  I thought about making something wintery and icy, but I really don't like that about winter.  I started thinking about seasonal delights and Valentine's Day popped into my head.  And I do love vintage Valentine art.  So I had some fun with this piece.  

I started with a 4.25x5.5" piece of white card stock and sprayed it liberally with Post Box Red Dylusions spray (and I have to admit I am now in love with the red spray:)  I wasn't going for complete coverage and like the sort of spotty look that resulted.  Next I stamped the Love definition from Tim's Love Struck stamp set in black archival ink.  Then I applied a new crafting technique I learned at CHA at the IndigoBlu booth.  IndigoBlu have developed a sensational glue that you can stamp with and their metal flakes adhere to it beautifully.  They have a kit that contains everything you need to get started (I have 20 kits on order for The Funkie Junkie Boutique - you can pre-order one here:)  I got a little carried away and covered everything with the metal flakes.  

First I stamped the flourish with the Flitter Glue and applied the flakes over the glue, then I did the same with the heart stamp.  Once you rub off the excess flakes, the stamped pattern shows up perfectly - VERY cool!  The metal flakes show up best on a dark background so I stamped the To My Valentine stamp from Love Struck on black CS and applied the flakes.  In this kit the flakes are silver, gold and sort of a copper so you get a variegated color look.  You can pull individual flakes out and control the color if you wish or just throw down everything and go with what comes out.  The kit contains everything you need as well as clear, easy to follow photos and instructions.  You can also purchase additional jars of flakes in various colors.  

I adde a couple of silver tone heart keys, red seam binding that was dyed with the Post Box Red Dylusions and a Love die cut.  I had a difficult time getting a good photo.  I really like the way this came out but the photo doesn't do it justice.  I had a ball messing around with this new metal flake technique.  You will definitely be seeing more of it and a whole batch of the brand new CHA released stamps from IndigoBlu!

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Hope you will stop by Filly and Funkie and leave some love for the designers over there!




These products were used to make the above art piece.  They are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique where most name brand products are always 20% below MSRP.

7 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

What a fabulous piece Linda and I'm thrilled you're so hooked on IndigoBlu FlitterGlu and Mega Flakes! You've used them brilliantly here and I can't wait to see more. Jenny x

Cec said...

This is a great piece and the bright colours are just what is ordered on a cold winter day - I already feel warmer. Love the vintage image and all the sparkle on the stamped images.
Hugs!
Cec

Maryanne said...

Oh, wow, Linda! My favorite part of winter has always been Valentine's Day, too! I just love what you've done on this card. The new flakes look so intriguing, some thing new to play with!! I love the vintage feel of this as vintage Valentines are a favorite of mine. Completely, beautiful!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love that IB flake! This is primo gorgeous!!!

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Linda! I am loving those mega flakes, what a stunning effect and you really put them to good use here! What a fabulous positive spin you put on winter! hugs :)

experiments in paper said...

Hi, Linda - Love the red!!! And the non-icy thoughts :-) So happy to hear you will be carrying some Indigo Blu stamps and the wonderful megaflake!
xx Lynn

Words and Pictures said...

Bold and beautiful Valentine greetings - just love the gilded greeting - what a beautiful touch!
Alison xx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com